Friday, March 3, 2017

iTarget Pro Laser System For Point Shooting

I've now had the iTarget laser shooting system for about 3 weeks and must say I've had a great deal of enjoyment with both target shooting and dryfire drawing exercises.

While the actual "Quick Draw" application (which will have an integral timer) and silhouette target insert are not available from the manufacturer yet, I made up my own target insert as shown below.  I set the 8.5 x 11 target at the height that would cover from the bottom of the ribs to the neck on a 6' man.  The target below is the result 25 single shots off of the draw with my CZ 2075 RAMI at approximately 6-7 yards (some distance variance as several draws were from angles and on the move).  All shots were fired using point shooting technique.

While my goal is to keep all shots within the inner target, I had 4 flyers that were still at least "in the neighborhood".  Anyway, the big winner over the past three weeks has been my wallet and ammo supply as I have cut my live fire range time by roughly 50%.



No comments:

Post a Comment