Friday, March 3, 2017

iTarget Pro "Quick Draw" Application Review

I've now had my iTargetPro laser training system for a little over 5 months and this is my third installment which covers the new "Quick Draw" iPhone/Android application that was released earlier this month.

While I have been using the trainer to practice my draw stroke and point shooting before release of the new "Quick Draw" application (as discussed in the point shooting entry below), the new app integrates the laser system with a shot timer that allows you to evaluate both accuracy from the draw as well as exact time from draw stroke to initial shot.  The photos below (point shooting from 6-7 yards) show the target as well as the time of each draw for three of my 5 shot strings from earlier today (one for each of my carry pistols).  This thing is a blast to use and provides great practice in the comfort of your home.

It is noteworthy here that my times with the RAMI were consistently the fastest with an average time of 1.29 seconds, the Micro-Compact clocked in second with an average of 1.38 seconds, and the Hi-Power consistently finished the slowest with an average of 1.63 seconds (all averages were calculated on the basis of 20 draws with each pistol).  The .34 second spread between the RAMI and Hi-Power is likely the difference in time required for the larger Hi-Power to clear the holster and maybe a slight difference in manipulating the safety (all three pistols are carried condition 1).

CZ 2075 RAMI



SPRINGFIELD 1911 MICRO-COMPACT





FEG HI-POWER







2 comments:

  1. Your blog is awesome. You have shared very valuable information to us. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    Mental Dynamics

    ReplyDelete
  2. James ... Thank you for the kind comments. I'm glad that you and others have benefited by the information posted. I have a few more areas of interest that I will touch on in the near future so stay tuned.
    Practice often and stay safe ... Buck

    ReplyDelete