Friday, March 3, 2017

iTarget Pro Laser Training System Review

I've been considering acquiring a commercially produced laser training system for the last couple of years but had not seen an offering that "fit" into my training style and budget.  That all changed when a friend sent me a link a couple of months ago regarding a new laser practice system from a startup company called iTarget (Note that I have absolutely no connection or interest in this company).

After reviewing the prototype video, I plunked my money down during the "Pre-production/development" stage to secure one of the systems when they were actually completed (a bit of a risk but hey it's only money).  They provided email updates during the interim (including 2 manufacturing delays) and finally started shipping this week.

I received mine today and after attaching the target to the "sled", setting it up on the dining room table, downloading the iTargetpro app from the Apple store, measuring off 7 yards from the target, placing my iPhone in the sled, and centering up the target picture, I loaded my Ruger SR1911 with the laser cartridge and gave it a whirl.  It worked exactly as advertised and made for a very enjoyable dryfire practice session (even has sound effects).

The setup is pictured below along with one of the targets. When you finish shooting the round count of your choice with the touch of a button it automatically downloads a picture of the completed target to your iPhone (or Android) picture folder.  For an investment of less than $150.00, I give the iTarget trainer a big thumbs up.  Stay tuned for a review of the "Quick Draw" application when it becomes available.  Stay safe and be prepared!






No comments:

Post a Comment